1. Mielle Organics Detangling Co-wash - Love, love, love this co-wash! It's gentle, keeps my hair soft, cleans my hair and helps with tangles/knots. I don't see this leaving my product stash anytime soon.
2. Mielle Organic's Advanced Healthy Hair Formula Vitamins (bottle #6 or so?) - As I mentioned in this post, I am enjoying these vitamins and I can see how my hair has improved. I'm currently at the end of my 3rd bottle and I just bought a four-month supply :)!
3. Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner- Probably one of my favorite deep conditioners. This is still a top favorite of mine. My hair and scalp always feels amazing after using this conditioner. I personally like to pair this deep conditioner with my Hot Heads Cap for about 30 minutes.
4. Soak My Body Muscle Milk Bath from Tangles and Beyond's BodyFrenzi Line- Like Mielle Organics, Tangles and Beyond is my other go-to hair product line. All of the products are handmade, which only makes me love the line even more. A few months back I was curious about her body product line and decided to try those as well. Since I love working out (when my schedule allows), I thought the muscle milk bath was a great product to try. Check out my review for more of my thoughts.
5. Mielle Organics White Peony Leave-In Conditioner- Such a great leave-in conditioner! I have nothing but great things to say about this one. If you want a lightweight leave-in that will help retain moisture, decreases frizz and protein your strands, you should give this leave-in a try.
6. Aloe Vera Juice from Lily of the desert - When I started revamping my regimen back in the fall, I started looking for other ways to increase moisture in my hair. After doing some research I found that using aloe vera juice in my hair regimen has a lot of benefits like hair growth, reducing shedding, and helping with the pH balance of my hair and scalp. Read this to learn more about the benefits of aloe vera juice/
7. Jia's Caribbean DreamCreme (16oz)- It only took me a year to use this bottle up! Lol. But in all serious I definitely got more than my money's worth out of this bottle. This leave-in has become an important part of my LOC method and the smell is to die for.
There were also a few products that didn't make the cut and had to be thrown away:
I really wanted to love this shampoo by Carol's Daughter. This particular bottle was gifted to me by Ulta as I was checking out. The first few times I tried it, I found that my hair felt a little weird after but I ignored it. Since it was my regular shampoo, I didn't use it very often. A couple of weeks ago I used the shampoo again and my hair felt horrible after. I don't know if was the expiration date but I knew this shampoo just wasn't for me.
This was a gift from one my co-workers, who happens to be a hairstylist on Grimm. I used this product when I first went natural and loved it. But then I started using other products and replaced it with something I liked better. So when I got it as a freebie, to be fair they were cleaning out their stations at the end of the season and it was half a bottle, I figured it wouldn't hurt to use it again. Boy was I wrong. I used this along with the shampoo and it left my hair feeling fried and stiff. I think the product has too much protein in it and my hair hates it.
What products have you used up recently?